Wednesday, December 2, 2009

NQBR: "Densha Otoku: Train Man" You must seee!!


Continuing my digression about movies, you have got to see "Densha Otoku: Train Man" right now!!!


Don't delay. Just rent it, buy it, find it on NetFlix, whatever you have to do. Watch this movie as soon as possible.

You will love it I guarantee and I stand behind my guarantee 100%.

"Train Man" is a geeky young Japanese man who has never had a girlfriend in his 22 years of life. A random encounter with a belligerent drunk on a train causes him to come to the aid of a pretty lady, and the movie unfolds from this situation.

But this does not begin to describe the cuteness of this movie. Train Man is a member of some online community, and the film flips back and forth from his online advisors, many of them as geeky and inexperienced as he is, to his actual situation: seeking advice about what to do with a prospective date.

Train Man changes his appearance on their advice: haircut, new clothes, shaving, etc.


A trio of hysterically funny online friends who happen to be the geekiest men in the universe completely captivate you and make you want to date all of them. "NAAAHH!!! She is inviting him to her house!!!! It's the ultimate defeat for all of us!!"

Absurdly comic scenes involving them are the most crazy/cute moments of the film.

As here they are depicted involved in a fantasy trench warfare situation. They may be gaming or they may just be thinking about their crazy online lives without dates.



The female lead looks a bit older than the male lead and I found this refreshing. Nothing in the film addresses it. She just is who she is: a youngish woman still living with her parents, no boyfriend until Train Man comes along.

The film has so much cute detail and so much visual beauty that you will certainly enjoy it. And without giving too much away I hope I can say: it looks like happily ever after is what's promised at the end.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lily, Its me Kathleen again. I had the title wrong on the movie I suggested. Here it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-20:_Legend_of_the_Mask I really think you will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathleen! i will go in search of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lily, It is me Kathleen again. K-20 may be difficult to find but this movie Love*Com: The Movie should be available from Netflix. http://www.amazon.com/Love-Com-Movie-Teppei-Koike/dp/B000YZ7UFO

    This is another movie I think you would like. They also so the teeneagers eating bentos in the movie which made it even dearer to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Adding it to my Netflix queue...

    ReplyDelete