Monday, December 21, 2009

Darling Clementines!



Is there anything better on this earth? These sweet and tasty naturally bento-sized fruit are packed with nutrients and enzymes for health.

Something about winter and snow makes me yearn for citrus. When I was 4 years old, I used to ride my tricycle to my grandfather's house every morning. I think I was a little pest. But Grampie always welcomed me with a smile and he always made us each a glass of fresh-squeezed Florida orange juice. I can still see his old man's gnarly hands and the green ceramic juice thingy. And his sweet smile.

Food, love, memory.

4 comments:

  1. What gorgeous fruit!

    BTW - I havent forgot about emailing you bento pictures, I have just been so swamped with the holiday madness. Mix that with not feeling so hot and yeah.... so I am running late! I will get them for you asap! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Avie dear! The holidays can do you in. I'm here for bento when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE orange! And yours in the photos make me get a sudden craving of it. Beautiful orange photos! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images, and I also have always associated oranges and clementines with holiday joy! When I was little, my mom and I would decorate oranges with whole cloves, and those combined scents were so amazing, and today take me right back to being 5 years old again. As you said, "Food, love, memory"--lovely post, thank you...

    ReplyDelete