Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The best Mr. Bento so far!



This one was a big hit, partially because it included shrimp but also (surprising me) the yogurt got high marks.

Jan's Mr. Bento du jour included: Szechuan shrimp stir-fry, cabbage slaw with a cherry tomato smile that made it all the way to lunch without being disarranged!, miso mushroom soup, and plain yogurt topped with blackberries and drizzled with agave nectar. The cherry tomato smile was supposed to be cheerful but somehow it reminds me of an axe murderer...

For anyone watching carbs: agave nectar is as sweet as honey but has about 1/5th the carbs of a comparable amount. It costs more but I don't use much of it so it's a good investment. I get it at my local co-op natural foods store. And it pours freely, unlike honey which can be messy and slow and can get the honey jar stuck on your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment